Blog as Clubhouse: Due 11:55 pm on Thursday 9/17
1) Read Suzanne Stefanac’s essay, Dispatches from Blogistan. Then watch Neil Pasricha’s TED Talk that gives the background story to his personal approach to blogging. Briefly peruse his blog, 1000 Awesome Things.
2) Write a 200-300 word post to the Reading Responses Forum (under the “blogs as clubhouses” topic) in which you respond to Stefenac’s essay, and Pasricha’s TED Talk and blog. Is Neil’s blog a clubhouse blog? Why or why not? You can also write about what surprised you, or did not surprise you, what you found interesting or wanted to learn more about, or what you agreed or disagreed with. Then, venture out on Google (or your preferred search engine) and find one good example of a clubhouse blog. Include the link to this blog in your post, along with a brief explanation of why you feel it qualifies as a “clubhouse blog”. Many options are found here: http://2015.bloggi.es/
3) Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts on the “blogs as clubhouses” topic. Your response can be brief, and simply needs to state your response to the original poster’s example blog, and whether or not you agree that it is in fact a “clubhouse blog”.
4) On the Invention Activities Forum, under the Blog Ideas Topic, post a new thread that contains 4 of your own original ideas for a clubhouse blog topic that YOU could write about. These ideas should be specific enough to be considered clubhouse blogs, but broad enough that you’d be able to find lots of things to write about (so, for example, “Robots” would be too broad, “Humanoid entertainment robots with names that start with T” would be too specific, but “Japanese robotics” would be just right…).
5) Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts on the “Blog Ideas” topic. Your response can be brief, and simply needs to state your response to the original poster’s blog ideas, and which ones you think would be the most interesting and appropriate.