Design Analsysis & Site Outline: Due 11:55 pm Friday 10/30
Post a message to the Rhetorical/Design Analysis and Site Outline thread on the Invention Forum in which you:
1) Perform a brief rhetorical and design analysis of the site that you envision will best support your cause. Consider the following questions in your post:
- Who is your audience? What does your audience probably know—or believe—about your topic? What do you need to tell them?
- What is your purpose and what are the best ways to achieve your purpose?
- What should your stance be? What tone should you take?
- What should your site look like?
- How should it function? What organizational strategies should you use to make the site easy to read and navigate?
2) Outline your plans for your campaign’s components/pages. This should include a sentence or two describing your plans for each of the following:
- Describing your cause
- What are you asking people to do? Donate something? Host an event? Improve a space? Make something? Share something? Start something? Take a stand?
- KNOW IT
- PLAN IT
- DO IT
- PROVE IT
* Remember, your solution must be one that anyone in the U.S. can participate in. Will the 4 above components be separate pages, or included on one page?
- 10 background facts
- Anticipated FAQs
- Integration of media and graphics
- Works Cited page
3) Respond to at least 2 of your classmates’ posts—what do you think will work well? What sounds confusing and needs more clarification?
4) Watch the Weebly Tutorial and then start to get a feel for Weebly’s templates and site-building tools by beginning to build your own site. Make sure to start this early so you can email me with any questions you have.